- Hits: 3895
Centres of excellence and research
Proud of its achievements and of its tradition, the University of Medicine and Pharmacy "Iuliu Hatieganu" of Cluj-Napoca fulfils its mission – academic research and education – taking into account the expectations and the requirements of modern society.
Our university's strategic plan for 2012-2016 stipulates the need to maintain and extend the current profile of a research institution, with the specific objective of attaining high ranking scores in the external evaluation of research and education centres.
The centres of excellence and research have been established by the National Centre for Scientific Research, aiming to identify and support promising academic structures. These labels have been granted following a thorough evaluation of the scientific performance of the research team and of the institutional implication in the development of their projects.
The following centres of excellence and research, established by the National Centre for Scientific Research between 2001-2005, at the University of Medicine and Pharmacy "Iuliu Hatieganu", are still active:
• The Centre of Excellence and Research in Anaesthetics and Intensive Care
• The Centre for Education in Laparoscopic Surgery
• The Centre for Education and Research in Ultrasonography
• The Centre of Research in Fundamental and Clinical Immunology
• The Centre of Hepato-Gastroenterology and Digestive Endoscopy "Octavian Fodor"
• The Centre of Research in Paediatric Genetic Disorders
• The Centre of Research in Rheumatology
• The Centre of Research in Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics.
The following centres have been established by the decision of the university's Senate (no 2 from 30.03.2010) and are still functioning:
• The Integrated Research Centre in Gastroenterology
• The Centre of Research in Tissue Engineering and Advanced Medical Imaging Technologies
• The Integrated Research Centre in Chronic Internal Pathology
• The Centre of Research in Oxidative Stress and Biocompatibility of Natural and Synthetic Products
• The Centre for Bio-Analytical Research of Drug Products.
Other active research centres approved by the decision of the university's Senate are:
• The Centre for Translational Research in Neurosciences (approved by the Senate decision no 5 from 14.07.2010)
• The Centre for Research on the Dissemination of Drug-Related Information (approved by the decision no 35 from 30.10.2007 of the Board of Senate)
• The Centre of Research in Functional Genomics, Biomedicine and Translational Medicine (approved by the Senate decision no 4 from 25.05.2010)
• The Centre for Experimental Medicine and Practical Skills (approved by the decision no 22 from 12.07.2005 of the Board of Senate)
• The Medical Imaging Laboratory of the Centre for Craniofacial Abnormalities (established as a result of the research project no 20 from 2006).