- Hits: 3738
In the current national and international context, the configuration of a research strategy, approved by the management forums and acknowledged by the academic community, represents a compelling necessity, supported by the following arguments:
• The European trend emphasising the importance of the universities, invited to play a key role in the process of knowledge extension
• The need to acquire high quality standards in research and development, ensuring a privileged place for academic institutions within the European Research Area
• The necessity to provide appropriate training for young researchers, involved in scientific projects as undergraduate and postgraduate students
• The need to improve the scientific visibility of our university
• The need to focus on the improvement of biomedical research performance, representing one of the main sources of academic funding
• The ever-growing importance of the universities as social and economical actors.