Founded in 1949, the "Valeriu Bologa" Library owns a patrimony of over 300,000 volumes, books and journals, out of which an important rare book fund can be found in the Medical History branch office. At present, there are over 6,000 registered users.
The library is entirely computerized, and all the active documentary fund is searchable online. All operations regarding acquisition, cataloging, user enlistment, and lending transactions are made using the integrated system Liberty3.
The computer network designed to serve the users with Internet access has 60 working stations.
The "Valeriu Bologa" Library is a member of EAHIL (European Association for Health Information and Libraries).