ADVANCED RESEARCH IN FORENSIC INVESTIGATION AND LEGAL MED.
- Hits: 188371
The Master's Study Programme “Advanced Research in Forensic Investigation and Legal Medicine” is the first of its kind organized by medical universities in Romania and is part of the directions developed in the European Union, covering the lack of an interdisciplinary qualification. As a postgraduate study program, it aims to provide theoretical and practical training of specialists with mixed qualifications (doctors, biologists, pharmacists, chemists, psychologists, lawyers, police officers etc.), helping them to improve their professional expertise in accordance with the requirements of modern research in Forensic Investigation and Legal Medicine, stimulating the creation of interdisciplinary research specialists in a field of great relevance worldwide, however less developed in our country. Specialists from other Romanian centers or from abroad will be invited to conduct the training activities and present various scientific communications.
Master's students will follow specific interdisciplinary training programs, benefiting from practical instruction (about 60% of the time being allocated to interactive seminars, practical internships, demonstrations in forensic units and practical lab work), as well as theoretical training (lectures).
Master's students will gain basic knowledge of legal medicine and forensic investigation, will develop research and forensic investigation skills by mastering modern methods of forensic documentation and molecular biology techniques applicable in forensic investigations. They will carry out individual and team research projects under the guidance of lecturers and specialists in forensics.
1st year of study curricula:
* Basic Concepts in Genetics, Immunology and Pharmacogenetics
* Basic Pharmacology Concepts in Legal Medicine
* Advanced Forensic Thanatology
* Basic Anatomical Concepts in Forensic Anthropology
* Legal Aspects of Forensic Expertise
* Behavioral Sciences. Aspects of criminal behavior
* Molecular Biology in Forensic and Legal Medicine Investigations
* Forensic Toxicology
* The Methodology of Judicial and Forensic Investigations of Violent Crimes
* Applied Biology in Criminal Investigation and Legal Medicine
* Advanced Forensic Traumatology
* Basic Statistical Analyses Applied in Forensics
* Academic Ethics and Integrity
2nd year of study curricula:
* Analytical Techniques Applied in Forensic Toxicology
* Legal Interpretation of DNA Forensic Testing
* Molecular Biology Concepts in Legal Medicine Specific Complementary Investigations
* Complex Crime Scene Forensic Investigations
* Psychological and Psychiatric Assessment in Criminology
* Research Ethics in Forensic and Legal Medicine Investigations
* Clinical Forensic Medicine - Delinquent Typology in Forensic Practice
* Forensic Psychology
1. The ability to use concepts and research methods specific for forensic and legal medicine investigations, enabling effective communication with specialists from related fields.
2. The ability to conceive and apply an appropriate investigation plan taking into consideration individual or multi- and interdisciplinary team work.
3. The ability to elaborate a research report or scientific study correlating the obtained results with literature data.
4. The ability to implement ethics and deontology rules specific to the fields of forensic investigations and legal medicine.
5. The ability to assess risks in medical research and to creatively develop alternative interdisciplinary research plans.
6. The ability to elaborate, implement and assess complex research projects in the field of forensic investigation and legal medicine, identifying further (PhD) study perspectives.
1. Responsible, firm, prompt and consistent execution of complex tasks in conditions of full autonomy and professional independence in accordance with managerial plans developed for dealing with complex situations regarding Forensic Investigation and Legal Medicine.
2. Responsible identification and assumption of leadership roles in the activity of professional groups in forensic and legal medicine research projects.
3. Reflective analysis of one’s professional activity in order to conceive a personal development plan based on the diagnosis of the identified training needs and self-control of the active learning process.
Location: „Iuliu Haţieganu” University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Cluj-Napoca.
Disciplines involved: Cell and Molecular Biology; Legal Medicine; Medical Genetics; Anatomy and Embryology; Pharmacology, Toxicology and Clinical Pharmacology; Medical psychology; Medical Informatics and Biostatistics (Faculty of Medicine); Toxicology (Faculty of Pharmacy).
Duration: 4 semesters, 120 ECTS, ARACIS accredited.
Form of study: full-time degree programmes.
Language of instruction: Romanian.
For more information contact the master programme director:
Prof. Dr. Horea-Vladi Matei, e-mail , phone: 0741155487
or the Cell and Molecular Biology Discipline, phone: 0264597256 int. 2403, 0374834403.
Admission exam will take place on September 29, 2020, at 17.00 hours, in the “John Wrigglesworth” Hall of the Cell and Molecular Biology Discipline. There are no changes regarding the admission exam methodology compared to previous years, the topics and bibliography remaining the same.
The curricula for the academic year 2019-2020 is available here.
The admission exam methodology for the academic year 2020-2021 can be accessed here.