Anca Dana Buzoianu, MD, PhD, is Professor of Clinical Pharmacology, Senior Clinical Pharmacologist, Senior Pediatrician, Dean of the Faculty of Medicine, University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Iuliu Hatieganu” Cluj-Napoca, President of the Romanian Association of the Medical School’s Deans, General Executive Secretary of the Romanian Society for Pharmacology, Therapeutics and Clinical Toxicology. She is also member of 8 scientific international Societies, and 4 national one.
Postgraduate specialization. Professor Anca Buzoianu is senior clinical pharmacologist and also senior pediatrician. She is the Head of the Department of Pharmacology at Medical Faculty of Cluj, and the leader of a dynamic research team of the department, and member of the Neuroscience Research Center of the Iuliu Hatieganu University of Cluj-Napoca. Professor Anca Buzoianu and her colleagues are actually involved in Pharmacogenetics studies regarding the metabolizing status of some drugs such the oral anticoagulants, antiepileptic drugs, biologic products etc. Other research themes are the therapeutic approach of multiple sclerosis and stroke, pharmacogenetics of the drugs used in dermatological diseases, the effects of some new compounds in pain and inflammation etc. Professor Buzoianu has conducted 8 national grants, 1 international educational project and participated in the research team in another 16 research projects.
Professor Buzoianu has a valuable expertise in Academic Leadership and Management, also in the Management of the Health Care System (Master in the Health Care Management 2009), and in the Quality Assurance evaluation process, being evaluator for the Higher Education for several years. She is President of the Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology Committee of the Romanian Health Ministry, President of the Pharmacology Committee of the Romanian Physician College, member of the Institutional Evaluation Committee of the Romanian Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education.
Scientific and professional societies
· CIDMEF – Conference Internationale de Doyens et de Facultes de Medicine d’Expresion Francaise - member de Bureau Permanent,
· European Association of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics,
· International Association for Medical Education,
· International Association of Medical School,
· The Society for the Study of Neuroprotection and Neuroplasticity
· European College of Neuropsychopharmacology
· International Advisory Board - European Society of Clinical Neuropharmacology
· Balkan Medical Union.
· Romanian Association of the Medical Faculties Deans - president
· General Executive Secretary of the Romanian Society for Pharmacology, Therapeutics and Clinical Toxicology
· Romanian Association for the Study of Pain
· Romanian Society of Addiction and Pharmacovigilence,
• Articles and studies - 80 papers indexed ISI and in other international data bases
• Books and chapter in books - 12
Professor Anca Dana Buzoianu has been honored with the “Victor Papilian” prize of the Cluj Medical Faculty in 2006 for her first volume of “Pharmacology” textbook. In 2007 she received the great “Iuliu Hatieganu” Award for her contribution to the development of a novel domain of academic learning in the frame of the Doctoral School.
In 2011 Professor Anca Dana Buzoianu has received the honorary medal of the National Council of the Physicians of the National Order of Doctors de France
In 2012 Professor Buzoianu Anca has been honored with the Excellence Award for Academic Management - “Dean of the year” with the occasion of the “Health Gala” - offered by the Romanian Ministry of Education and Health Ministry
In 2013 she won again the great Prize “Iuliu Hatieganu” of the University of Medicine and Pharmacy for her contribution for the obtaining of the quality certificate “Label CIDMEF” by the Medical Faculty of Cluj-Napoca.